Converting a PDF file to excel can sometimes be a daunting task especially when you are not very familiar with online tools can help you with it. You find yourself stuck in the middle of your work figuring out how to get the data out of a PDF file without doing so much copy and pasting.
Luckily, there are lots of online tools that are available today for everyone to use. Some are paid while some are free. Adobe, for example provides a quick way to do it. Here it is:
How to convert your PDF file to Excel.
- Open a file in Acrobat.
- Click on the Export PDF tool in the right pane.
- Choose spreadsheet as your export format, and then select Microsoft Excel Workbook.
- Click Export. …
- Name the Excel file and save it in a desired location.
Easy isn’t it? But, you will need to get a license from Adobe to get this done although they also provide a free trial for their software. There are other paid software to convert your PDF to excel in case you need more advance options. These software can help you with:
- Convert scanned pdf to excel
- Convert pdf table to excel
- Other pdf to excel tasks
List of sites that convert PDF to Excel for free:
- Nitro – https://www.pdftoexcelonline.com/en/ : You can try their desktop version for 14 days free. You can also convert your pdf to excel for free online on their site. Just upload your PDF and click “Convert Now” and your done. You also convert your PDF to Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and vice versa.
- PDF Converter – https://www.freepdfconvert.com/pdf-excel : You can convert your PDF to Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Vice versa. You also have the option to convert your pdf to jpg, png or tif. If you want to convert unlimited files, just signup for their membership.
- Online to PDF – https://online2pdf.com/pdf2excel : Another site that convert your PDF to Excel, word, powerpoint, jpg and even txt. You can also convert a lot of file types to PDF. Head over to their site and see if they offer the file type you wish to convert to PDF.
- Docs Zone – https://docs.zone/pdf-to-excel : This site also converts PDF to excel and jpg. They also allow you to upload several PDF files all at once and convert it to either excel or JPG.
List of Paid Sites that will Convert PDF to Excel (Some offers free trials)
- Adobe Acrobat – https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/how-to/pdf-to-excel-xlsx-converter.html : Leading PDF creation site, Adobe, also offer services to convert your PDF file to Excel. They also offer free trial. Steps on how to convert your PDF to Excel is listed on top of this article.
- PDF Tables – https://pdftables.com/convert-pdf-to-excel : This site allows converting pdf to Excel for up to 25 pages. Pricing depends on the number of pages you want to convert. They also offer Enterprise option for 100,000+ pages.
- Nuance – This site also offers PDF to excel conversion depending on business type. They also offer a free trial.
- PDF Extractor Online – http://pdfextractoronline.com/ : This site also offer services to convert PDF to excel. They also offer services to convert pdf tables to excel and more. They offer a PDF to Excel API for their clients to use.
There are many more sites that offer services to convert your PDF to Excel online or via downloadable software or API’s. You can go for the free ones in case you are only converting few PDF’s or you can signup for paid ones in case you need more. Just make sure you review the site first before uploading your document.